Train with Folk
BASIC BARISTA COURSE
Improve your coffee brewing skills and knowledge by joining our wholesale customer training. Pour and brew coffee at a professional level with our 3 day coffee theory and practical course.
- Coffee Theory
- Coffee history
- Roasting and brewing
- Technique - espresso extraction, milk and latte art
- Technical problem solving
- Maximum 4 students
- R3500 / 3 days
- 9:00 to 3:30 from Tuesday to Thursday
Experience a professional cupping session. Build flavour profiles and learn to distinguish the unique elements associated with tasting coffee. We will accommodate any preferences if you let us know before hand.
- Taste a range of coffees.
- Understand different origins and unique characteristics
- Maximum 8 people per course
- R150 / 1 hour
PROFESSIONAL BARISTA COURSE
A 5 week, in-depth, barista course offering the skills necessary to enter the coffee industry and work as a professional barista. The training will require a full time commitment and is made up of both practical and theory modules. A certificate of completion will be issued on achievement of a pass grade.
- Coffee theory
- Coffee roasting and cupping
- Understanding taste profiles
- Knowing your equipment
- Brew methods
- Bar training
- Coffee recipes
- Bar administration and cash up
- Barista process - behind the bar in real time
- Maximum 5 people per course
- R9 850 / 5 weeks
- Includes uniform and lunch daily
- Includes a certificate of completion
- 1 month practical work experience